Thursday 21 April 2016

Being Yourself...

Recently, I have been feeling a little uninspired with blog topics and YouTube videos. I noticed that I became more worried about whether people were going to like it more than if I actually enjoyed making it. Although getting views count, its not everything.

This got me thinking, why do we feel like it is our duty to impress someone else? You live your own life, you make the decisions for your future. Why should it matter if someone else approves?

If you are living your life through someone else, you are not being your most authentic self. People you meet won't always be there, their judgements won't always matter. 

I guess what I wanted to get across, without rambling or getting really deep, is that you should always stay true to yourself. Growing up in this generation can be hard, with so many influences and people pressurizing you into being someone you're not or doing something you don't want to do. Sometimes you need to bring yourself back and think about you. Its okay to be a little selfish every now and then!

I am going to leave you with one of my favourite quotes:

2 THINGS:
If it makes you happy, do it.
If it doesn't, then don't.

I guess that just about sums it up! Live a life you are proud of!

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment