Thursday 8 September 2016

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges Review...

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to review the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges. I know I am quite late to this product as they have been around for ages, but I have never used sponges for my makeup before so I was curious to try them.

These retail at Boots for £5.99 for one or you can get a pack of two for £9.99. I got the pack of two as I knew I needed more than one and it works out cheaper if you buy the multipack. 

The first thing I noticed when I got them out of the packet was how soft they were. I knew instantly that these would be good as they weren't rough or harsh on your skin. They don't hurt your skin or irritate it when you're applying makeup.

The sponges are angled in a way that makes them multi-purpose which is perfect for blending foundation and concealer into every angle of your face. I personally prefer how my makeup looks when I blend it with the sponges as I feel it gives a more flawless finish and doesn't leave streak marks like some brushes do. I also feels it give you higher coverage as the makeup is blended directly to the part of the face that you want it and not spread all over. However, the only downfall to this is that sometimes when you sweat it can make your foundation look a bit odd and slide down your face which doesn't look nice. You can reduce this though by making sure you use a primer and setting spray. I recommend the Max Factor FaceFinity Primer.

A lot of product also gets stuck in the sponge so you have to be careful about what you use else you could be wasting a lot of foundation, hence why in my photo, they are dirty. They are also hard to clean, being a sponge that absorbs water, you are going to have some difficulty. Due to this, the packet actually states that you should replace your sponges every month. This makes the overall cost of the product way more expensive compared to your regular makeup brush that you can wash and reuse. I try and use a mix of my brush and sponge on alternating days, this helps me get better use out of it. 

Overall, I would repurchase the sponges as I think they blend your makeup so well and I love how my makeup looks when I use the sponge. However I will buy them as more of a treat product every other month to save money and either use brushes or other cheaper sponges instead.

Ellie xxx

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HeartbeatEllie/featured
Instagram: cottoncxndyheart 

No comments:

Post a Comment