Thursday 7 January 2016

Review on No7 Exquisite Eyes Gift Box...

I picked up this gift set the day it got discontinued, so you can’t get the set anymore but you can still buy all the products individually so I thought it was worthy of a review.

Lovely Lashes Mascara

I think this mascara has really nice simple packaging, it doesn’t stand out in particular but also doesn't distract from the product itself. If, like me, you want a mascara to define your lashes and create a false lash effect, then this isn’t the mascara for you. It makes your lashes slightly longer which is perfect for a natural ‘no make-up’ look. Due to this, I tend to use it on my bottom lashes as I only want to add colour to them, not length. What I do like about No7 Mascara’s, it that they are all hypo-allergenic. This means they are suitable for contact lens users and they should not cause you to have an allergic reaction. They are soft on your lashes and don’t create thick clumps.

Stay Perfect Eye Shadow – Top Shade in Forest Fruits Trio

I adore this eye-shadow! In the container, it looked like a shade of grey, however, on your skin, it comes out as a shimmery pink shade. It is not very pigmented but is build-able and works as a great base for other eye-shadows.The gift set also came with an eye colour brush which applies the eye-shadow very well. The product doesn't get lost in the brush and there are no streak marks left behind on your skin. Overall, a great product and has encouraged me to check out other No7 eye shadows.

Stay Perfect Metallic Eyes Pencil 

This product is designed to work on your eyes as an eyeliner or as a deep eyeshadow, yet it is so difficult to put on your eyes. The colour from the pencil doesn't apply easily meaning you have to press down hard on your eyes, this leaves them very sore. The sponge tip meant for blending the product is also terrible. It doesn't spread the colour, instead just scratches your eyes. For a No7 product, I was expecting a lot more, but I think I will just be sticking to Bourjois or Rimmel in the future!


Overall, I get a very mixed feeling on this gift set from No7 and I am a little disappointed.

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment