Thursday 14 January 2016

Sprinkles Gelato Review...


On the 5th January, I went to my local Sprinkles Gelato with 3 of my friends for a very sophisticated 18th birthday celebration. Even at 18 years old, I still love a good waffle with ice cream!

We went to Sprinkles during the evening so the restaurant itself was quite empty, this made it very pleasant as we were all able to sit and chat and not feel rushed. The restaurant was set out a bit like an American Diner with big red booths. This made it look very nice and made you feel like you were in a typical American ice cream parlour. The bar/serving area displayed a huge variety of ice cream flavours ranging from your typical Vanilla to the more adventurous Ferrero Rocher flavour. They also sold the cutest looking cupcakes, all carefully iced and decorated. 

There was a menu laid out on almost every table which was well written and easy to read, however, there was too much choice! I couldn't decide what too have as everything sounded really nice but some did sound a little sickly. I settled with a Nutella and Cookie Waffle, this was a hot waffle served with Banana, melted Nutella, broken bits of Oreo Cookies, all topped off with some Vanilla Ice Cream. I was pleasantly surprised as it was not too sickly when mixed with the Vanilla Ice Cream. The Banana's were nice and ripe but I did find the waffle slightly overcooked. 

Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Sprinkles. The food was very nice and the serving staff were also really friendly. 

My friend Leonie also wrote a blog post on Sprinkles, so if you would like to see her review and what she thought, click here 

Ellie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment