Thursday 5 May 2016

Current Read: Girl Online

Hi everyone!

So today's blog post is a quick little review on Girl Online by Zoe Sugg.

I bought this book so I could have something to read on my 8 hour flight to New York. It was quite cheap in Asda and I have been wanting to read it for a little while, after seeing it all over my instagram! I knew the basic plot of the book, so seeing as it is based in New York, I thought it was the perfect fit!

On first impressions, I found the book a little boring and hard to get into. I was uncertain whether it was because the plot was a bit predictable or whether it was supposed to be aimed at a slightly younger audience. However, I persevered with it and it has been quite enjoyable.

The book is about an anxious young blogger who travels to New York and falls in love with a mysterious boy from Brooklyn. I don't want to give away any spoilers as I don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't read it. It is a pleasant read that doesn't require too much thought to work out what is going on. It also does give some good tips too help people with anxiety. 

The characters in the book are all very individual and unique. They are easy to picture in your mind, which I personally think makes a book do well!

Although being unsure about the book at first, I have enjoyed reading it and I am tempted to read the sequel. 

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment