Thursday 23 June 2016

10 Easy Ways to Change Your Life...

As Summer has officially started and most schools/colleges are starting too finish, I thought I would give you a list of tips for easy ways to improve your life and increase your mood. These are things that you can include into your everyday routine that will get you feeling 100% happier in no time at all!

1. Wake up at a reasonable time

Everyone loves a good lie-in, myself included! However, it is not healthy to go to bed late and stay in bed all morning. Not only do you spend the day feeling a bit grotty but you also will have a lack of energy as you have been relaxed for too long. Getting into a good routine of going to bed at a decent time and waking up in the morning has a lot of health benefits and will make you feel a lot better.

2. Have a good breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and having the right one can really boost your morning. Recently I have been obsessed with Granola, so I have been having this everyday with either strawberry yogurt or milk. Sometimes I like to add sliced strawberries onto it too. I love this particular breakfast as although it is not extremely healthy, it is filling and makes my body feel good. Skipping breakfast is not advised as it leaves you with a lack of energy and doesn't wake you up properly. If you have little time in the morning, or don't like eating much then even having a piece of fruit can help give you a boost of energy until you are able to eat a decent sized meal.

3. Drink lots of water

On average you should drink at least 3 glasses of water a day, this is very easy to do as you can have a glass of water per meal. I usually drink double this as I like to drink throughout the day and I like a glass of water before bed. Water has a lot of health benefits which a lot of people don't realise, it is very good for your skin and can help clear up blemishes and spots. It can also increase weight loss and help with digestion.

4. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables

This is a pretty obvious tip, everyone tells you "make sure you eat your five a day", but lets be realistic, who is actually able to consistently do this everyday? Introducing lots more fruit and veg into your diet slowly will help your body adapt and it won't feel like too much pressure. Having fruit as an alternative snack to chocolate or biscuits will make a huge difference to your health, but remember you are always allowed a cheat day now and then. Lots of people have been loving making fruit/vegetable smoothies at home to help with there daily intake. This is an easier way of making sure your body has the right nutrients, however having too many smoothies is bad for you. When you blend the fruit for a smoothie, it breaks down all the important vitamins and increases the sugar in the drink. What you think is a healthy alternative is actually something with a high amount of sugar, making it not too great for your body.

5. Get Outside

Going outside for the day can really boost your mood. It gets you active and can be really fun. Going for day trips to the beach, going shopping or even just going for a walk gives you something to do that relaxes your mind and can help with weight loss. It is really important that you don't spend everyday stuck indoors, go outside and take in your surroundings - you will feel a lot better for it!

6. Do some exercise

Exercise has the obvious health benefits that will improve your overall fitness but it also releases endorphins that makes you happy. You can do lots or different types of exercise so find one that you like and stick to it. I love going out for walk/run through a country park near my home, I do this weekly with my Dad and it is really fun. It is a different landscape and it really helps me relax. You don't have to go out somewhere to do exercise either. I am lucky enough to have an exercise bike at home so I am able to go on that whenever I want too, but just doing some ab workouts can really help tone your body or just make you feel a lot happier. You don't need lots of fancy equipment to exercise, if you go onto Youtube, you will find thousands of free workout routines based around what you are capable of. If you are really stuck on what to do, just turn your music up loud and have an epic dance party - this is my preferred choice any day! 

7. Try yoga or meditation

I have recently been really into doing Yoga, it helps me relax and calm down. This is really helpful if you have had a stressful day and you just need to take your mind away for a minute. Again, if you go onto Youtube, you will find some really great yoga routines and poses if you are unsure what to do. I like to do yoga or some sort or stretching every evening before I go to bed, this helps relax muscles and calms me down before I go to sleep. I personally don't do meditation as I have found it doesn't work for me, but try it, it might really help you.

8. Spend free time with friends and loved ones

I think that this is a tip that a lot of people forget but is actually very important. If you want to change your life to become happier, you need to surround yourself with the right people. I know this is something that I personally have realised over the last couple of years. Figure out who your real friends are, the ones that came and never left, the ones that don't judge you for who you are - hang onto them and never let them go. If you surround yourself with people who add to your life then this will help increase your mood too. Your family is also the most important people in your life, make time for them and make memories that you will never forget.

9. Wear clothes that make you happy

Feeling body confident is the best way to change your life. Wear whatever you want to wear as long as it makes you happy and don't compare yourself to others.

10. Have a positive outlook

Out of all my tips, this one is definitely the most important but is also the one that takes the most time to master. Having a positive outlook on life and everything you do will really increase your mood. Make small changes like not worrying over small things and always choosing happiness. Do something that you enjoy and love and over time you will see your outlook change.

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment