Thursday 16 June 2016

Summer Playlist 2016...

I listen to music everyday usually when I am getting ready in the morning and when I am on the bus too work. It makes me feel very relaxed and happy, so I thought I would share with you some of my current music favourites. Some of these songs I have chosen do have more of a summer vibe to them, so of course as I am writing this, I am listening to a thunderstorm and watching it pour down outside! Typical England!

1. Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande

There was no way that I was going to make this post without this album being my first choice. Ariana released her third studio album in May and I am completely in love with it! I love all of Ariana's albums, however this one really stands out. It definitely has a more mature sound to it compared to the others and the songs really show off her vocal range. My favourite songs from the album are Greedy, Side by Side and Let Me Love You.

2. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles

I discovered this song while watching one of Colleen Evans' youtube videos, she covered it while playing a Ukulele. I instantly fell in love with her cover and wanted to listen to the original - it has now been on a constant loop! The song is very cute and is very easy to sing along too, I love it!

3. Kill Em With Kindness - Selena Gomez

My best friend Leonie introduced me to this song as she has recently become obsessed with it too. The song gives out a really important message and is great to get up and dance to! I also like some of Selena's other songs from her recent album Rival such as Hands to Myself and Same Old Love, she is so underrated!

4. Lush Life - Zara Larsson

This song is 100% the definition of summer! Its feel good and just makes you want to dance. I love playing this really loud and having an epic dance party.

5. Thank You California - Joshua David Evans

I can't really describe how this songs makes me feel, it is so cute! Josh wrote this song about his wife and it is adorable. The song is so good to sing to and is very heartfelt.

6. Sia

For number 6 I have just written Sia as I have recently become obsessed with quite a few of her songs. Her recent single Cheap Thrills is amazing and was on repeat in my playlist, so I decided to search her up on spotify to listen to more. My new favourite is Hostage, it is fast paced and great to dance to!

7. YOUTH - Troye Sivan

I know I am very late to the game with this song, but this is by Troye Sivan who is a youtuber. I really like this song because it has a bit of a different sound to music that I usually listen to but it is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine.

8. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) - Adele

This is Adele's latest single from her most recent album. It is quite different from Adele's other music, it is very upbeat compared to the ballads she normally sings. This makes it quite unique and great to listen too.

9. Famous - Kanye West

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a not so secret obsession with Kanye West. I think he is quite funny and makes some quite decent music. His latest album The Life of Pablo is one of his best, in my personal opinion. I also like Facts from this album too. He songs are a lot harder to sing along to, unless you're are a world renowned rapper of course! However, I think the beat it cool and I like his vibe.

10. Work From Home - Fifth Harmony

I am not a huge fan of Fifth Harmony, but this song is quite good. It has more of a hip-hop vibe too it and I really like it.

What are your music favourites?

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment