Thursday 30 June 2016

Double Chocolate Brownies...

It's no secret that I love to cook and bake, and one of my favourite things to bake are these double chocolate brownies. I love them so much, I thought that I would share the recipe with you so you can try them out too.

For this recipe, you will need:
  • 115g/4oz Butter
  • 115g/4oz Plain Chocolate
  • 300g/10 1/2oz Caster Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Eggs
  • 140g/5oz Plain Flour
  • 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 100g/3 1/2oz Chocolate Chips
  • 100g/3 1/2oz Walnuts/Pecans (optional)
Method:
  1.  Preheat the oven to 180c/350F/Gas Mark 4
  2. Grease and line a 18cm/7inch square cake tin
  3. Place the butter and chocolate into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted - don't let it burn!
  4. Remove the chocolate from the heat and leave to cool slightly
  5. Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract
  6. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir until smooth. You need to make sure that your chocolate is relatively cool at this point else your eggs will start cooking when added to the mixture.
  7. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and fold together

  8. Crush the nuts (if using) with a rolling pin until they are the same size as the chocolate chips
  9. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. I couldn't find any chocolate chips so I used Magic Stars instead. This made a nice alternative as they are of a similar size and made the mixture slightly sweeter.
  10. Pour the mixture into the tin
  11. Bake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes. You want your brownie to be slightly gooey in the centre.
The brownie is best served warm with some vanilla ice cream.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

Ellie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment