Thursday 1 September 2016

Spain: Calpe Travel Diary...

Hi everyone!

For our summer holiday this year, we decided to go to Spain for a week. This was a bit of a last minute booking due to various personal reasons but it worked out okay! I have only been to Spain a couple of times when I was a lot younger so I don't really remember any of it. The specific area we travelled too was Calpe, which is located in the south of Spain, about an hours drive from Alicante. Spain has never been a top travel destination for me but I was excited about going somewhere different and I had a really good time.

We flew from Gatwick to Alicante at 17:30, I don't really like flying too much but the plane journey went really quickly especially as I have been used to flying too and from America for the past 3 years! When we landed it was already dark so I didn't see much of my surroundings but it was still super warm! We picked up our hire car and drove to my Gran's house where we would be staying for the night.
Our holiday mostly consisted of going swimming in the pool and going to the beach, mainly because it was far too hot to do anything else! It was nice to have a week to relax and chill out but I did miss doing lots of activities!

One evening after dinner, we decided to walk back to our apartment along the promenade by the beach. It took us about an hour as we kept on stopping and looking in all the little shops. The one great thing about Calpe is that the majority of the shops along the seafront are open really late due to it being too hot during the day, I ended up doing a bit of shopping at 1am - oops! We also stumbled across a place that do fish pedicures so we decided to have a go. I have had a fish pedicure before, so I knew what to expect, my parents on the other hand, didn't. It was so funny watching them squirm as the fish tickled their feet. It is a weird experience I'm not going to lie but your feet do feel quite soft afterwards.

Whenever I travel somewhere, I love to explore and discover lots of new places. One day, we were out and found a huge lake that was filled with pink Flamingos! I have never seen a Flamingo in the wild before so it was really cool to see! My Gran told us that during the summer months, the Flamingos move to Spain from Africa as it is slightly cooler for them.

We also walked through the old town of Calpe. This was very pretty as all the roads were cobbled with narrow alleyways and the houses were almost on top of each other. It was very aesthetically pleasing especially if you're a bit of a photography nerd like me!

Throughout the course of the trip, I probably consumed my weight in vegetable Paella and chocolate covered Oreos, so I guess you could say it was a pretty good holiday!

The only downfall was on our way home, our flight was delayed by 2 and a half hours so I had to entertain myself in an empty airport at midnight!

Where did you go on holiday this year?

Ellie xxx

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HeartbeatEllie
Instagram: cottoncxndyheart

No comments:

Post a Comment