Tuesday 12 August 2014

Summer Essentials


Summer can be a very busy, fun and exciting season. Especially if you are going on holiday or just having fun day outs with your family/friends. 

Although summer is nearly over, here are my summer essentials making sure I am prepared for whatever the days might bring.




Sun-cream

It may sound a bit obvious, but it is incredibly important to wear sun-cream when you are out and about in the sun. If you are somewhere hot or just sat on the beach, make sure you put it on. Remember, you can still get a tan with sun-cream on, it just stops you from being burnt!



Sunglasses

I love wearing sunglasses as i feel like it adds more to my outfit. I recently brought these round black sunglasses from New Look as I was going on holiday. I love them! 
While on holiday in America, my dad brought me these red spotty ones which i love because they are quite quirky and stand out a lot more.


Concealer

During summer, I don't tend to wear much makeup as I feel like it is too heavy on my face, especially when it is hot. So I usually stick to a bit of concealer just to cover any blemishes. This is a lot lighter on my face and I only apply to the places i need too, a much more natural look. The concealer I have be loving at the moment is the 'Hide and Conceal' concealer by MUA. This is a great product as it is very cheap but does the job well, I would recommend it.


Victoria Secret fragrance mist

I love wearing fruity body mists in summer. They smell so nice and you are able to top up as much as you like. These two are some of my favourites, I brought them whilst on holiday in America. They aren't overpowering and they stay on for the whole day (depending on how much you spray.) The pink one is called 'Mango Temptation' and the blue one is called 'Aqua Kiss'


Daisy Marc Jacobs 

Although I love body mists, when I am dressing up to go out, or for a special occasion, I will wear perfume. My favourite perfume brand is Marc Jacobs, the bottles are always so pretty and the scent stays on you for the whole day. I recently got 'Daisy Delight' it is quite sweet and i love it!


Lipbalms and Body Lotion

As summer can be quite hot, you skin can dry out quite easily, this is why it is important to keep your skin moustirised. Lipbalms are important as they stop your lips going dry and chapped which can hurt a lot! Keep a lipbalm handy in your bag so you can use it when you need too. My favourite lipbalms are EOS and BabyLips these are really good and not that expensive either. I really like BabyLips as some of them contain a hint of colour so it looks like I am wearing a lip gloss while keeping my lips protected. Moustirising your skin with body lotion is also important as it stops your skin becoming dry and peeling. My current favourite body lotion is by Soap and Glory. It smells so nice!




Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitisers

I always love keeping my hands clean and soft so when I found these cute little hand sanitisers in Bath and Body Works, I fell in love. They had so many smells to choose from, it was hard to decide. In the end I got 'Aqua Blossom', 'Eucalyptus Spearmint' and 'Japanese Cherry Blossom'
I just thought they were really nice to keep in my bags and use when I'm out and about. These are really good for summer as you never know what you are doing or when one of these might come in handy!


Enjoy your summer!

Ellie





No comments:

Post a Comment