Monday 29 August 2016

Liz Earle Vs. No7: Hot Cloth Cleansers...

Hi everyone!

Some of my favourite posts on my blog are brand vs brand comparison reviews, I think this gives better insight into the pros and cons of a product as it directly compares it to its competitors. So today's post is Liz Earle vs No7 with their Hot Cloth Cleansers.
 Packaging

The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish comes in a light green pump bottle which is very thin and has a matte effect on it. I think the bottle looks very sleek and the packaging follows the organic theme of the brand. You cannot see into the bottle which I think is a huge downfall and is definitely where No7 comes out on top. You can't see how much product you have left so you have to try and guess when you need to buy some more. You can kind of tell when you are reaching the end as the pump finds it hard to get product out but even so it doesn't make it easy for the customer.
The No7 cleanser on the other hand, comes in a clear bottle making it extremely obvious how much product you have left. Every time you use the cleanser, the pump moves up the bottle showing you exactly how much product you have left, this also collects all the product so that you use every last drop. This means you are actually getting your moneys worth! 

I think Liz Earle have prettier packaging in comparison, as the No7 one does look a bit boring but in terms of practicality, No7 definitely wins this round!

Price

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is £14 for a 100ml bottle, this is quite expensive in comparison to other cleansers but I do think the product is worth the price. It works wonders so I personally don't mind paying a bit more for a really great product. Liz Earle also do a few gift sets, especially around Christmas, which usually include the Cleanse and Polish so you can actually get this product for a great deal. 

No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser retails at £9.95 for a 200ml so already you are getting more product for a cheaper price! I was actually surprised at the price of this product as I assumed it would be just as expensive as Liz Earle as the product itself is just as good. No7 is a Boots brand so you can only get it at Boots, which in return means you get a lot of other benefits! No7 regularly give out vouchers for £5 off skincare which would reduce the price down to £4.95 which is a huge saving - one I personally benefited from! You can also collect Boots points meaning you could actually get the product for free if you chose to pay with your points! For such a decent price, I really am astonished that this product isn't as popular as the Cleanse and Polish!

The Product

Now down to the important bit, the product itself! To use the product, you need to have a muslin cloth. When you buy the No7 cleanser, the cloth is included in the pack which saves you money as for Liz Earle you have to buy the cloths separately. However, I would just buy the Liz Earle muslin cloths any way as the No7 cloth is not up to par! It is very thin making it fray easily and it is not quite as soft on the skin. For the price you pay for the product, you would expect to get something a bit better. It is not dreadful but if you want to actually get a decent use out of your cleanser, then 100% I would recommend paying £4.50 for a pack of two Liz Earle muslin cloths. The cloths are reusable as you can wash them so it is up to you whether you want to pay an extra £4.50 on top of the price of the cleanser (my answer would always be yes!) The cloth is quite a bit thicker meaning it removes a lot more of your makeup in comparison to the No7 cloth.

The actual cleansers themselves lack in differences, they both do a great job with removing makeup and making your skin feel super clean and fresh. The Cleanse and Polish is thicker in consistency making it slightly harder to spread evenly across the face, making you use more product than you probably need. However, I do find that it removes any excess makeup slightly better than No7.

The No7 cleanser feels more like a face cream when applying and is very gentle on the skin, it also makes your skin feel clean without making it feel dry afterwards. I also prefer the smell of this product as it smells clean and has a slight scent of baby talcum powder. The Cleanse and Polish has a bit of an odd scent which is quite hard to describe, it smells a bit like herbs which is odd I know, but if you use the product you will probably know what I mean. It isn't an unpleasant smell but I think it could be improved. Another great thing about No7, is that it is hypoallergenic, so if you have sensitive skin then the product will be perfect for you!

Overall, I think the products are pretty equal to eachother as they both work so well in clearing up your skin and removing makeup. It is very hard to choose between the products as I love both brands a lot, but I think in the future, I will be repurchasing the No7 Beautiful Skin cleanser as the price is a lot more reasonable and you get more product. However, I still use my other Liz Earle skincare products as part of my skincare routine as I think the brand is great and the Cleanse and Polish is definitely worth all the hype!

The No7 cleanser is actually included in my August favourites video over on my YouTube channel, if you want to see what other products I have been loving this month, then click here to head over to my channel. The video will be out on Sunday 4th September! 

Ellie xxx

Instagram: cottoncxndyheart
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HeartbeatEllie


1 comment: