Thursday 14 July 2016

Liz Earle Skincare Review...

Hi everyone!

Just before Christmas, I treated myself to a Liz Earle skincare set. This specific set is no longer available but you can still buy all the individual products. The set included; Cleanse and Polish (£14), Gentle Face Exfoliator (£15.75), Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion (£13.25) and two Muslin Cloths (£4.50). The set was originally £22 but when I ordered it, it was on offer at £14.75 which I thought was a really good deal! I also bought the Instant Boost Skin Tonic (£6) as it was not included in the set and I really wanted to try it out. As I have had these products for a little while now, they are starting to run out. So I thought I would review them and let you know whether I will be re-purchasing or not.
Cleanse and Polish

I am completely obsessed with this and it is by far the best skincare product I have ever bought. After a couple of days of using this product, my skin completely cleared up and felt super soft and clean. You can use this product to remove your makeup, but personally I remove my makeup with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water first then I use the Cleanse and Polish. You think you have removed all your makeup until you use this product after - it is incredible! It is not harsh on your skin and requires minimal effort, perfect if you are in a rush or you are just really lazy. I 100% am going to be re-purchasing this product as it has truly worked wonders on my skin. There are other hot cloth cleaners out there that are a lot cheaper, but if you don't mind paying a little extra, you are getting an incredible product.

Gentle Face Exfoliator

This product is great if you have more time for a proper skincare routine. The exfoliator has tiny little beads that aren't too harsh on your skin and doesn't leave it feeling sore. If you have sensitive skin like me, this point is very important. The exfoliator cleanses your pores and removes any excess oil on your skin, leaving it very soft and smooth. I really like this product, but unlike the Cleanse and Polish, I don't think I will be repurchasing it. You can get other great facials scrubs for a much cheaper price that will do near enough the exact same thing. You might as well save yourself some pennies and go for a different brand.
Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion

First of all, I think this product is slightly misleading with its title. Personally when I hear the word 'lotion' I think of a creamy product, but this 'lotion' is a liquid, almost like a micellar cleansing water. I would class it as a skin tonic/toner and not a lotion. I haven't really noticed a difference in the skin around my eyes since using this product and I am not too sure what it is supposed to do. It also left my eyes feeling very dry and a little bit sore, for someone who already has dry skin, this was not a great feeling! I won't be repurchasing this product as it is not too great. It wasn't the reason behind the purchase of the gift set anyway so I don't feel let down or disappointed.

Instant Boost Skin Tonic

I love this product! It instantly refreshes my skin giving it a boost of life even on my most tired of days! I tend to use this after my Cleanse and Polish and moisturiser, to finish off my skincare routine. It leaves your skin feel so fresh and clean. The product does claim to be good for setting your makeup too. I personally have not tried this out, but I don't think it will work as it leaves your face quite wet after use. I feel that this would make your makeup slide off rather than stay put! However, I love and adore this skin tonic and 100% will repurchase. It is not a product that I use everyday but it is something that I really appreciate after use.


Check out more Liz Earle products by clicking here.

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment