Thursday 21 July 2016

Stepping out of your comfort zone...

Hi everyone!

So today I wanted to talk about stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something that you wouldn't usually do. I know from my personal experience, certain things terrify me and I am scared to do them. As soon as I take a leap of faith and just try, it never seems as bad as I imagined.

However, this time I wanted to talk about the little things that seem like nothing but actually I find very difficult or nerve-wracking. In one of my previous blog posts I spoke about some small anxiety attacks/meltdowns that I had recently been experiencing. I have still been getting these but over the smallest things that I know won't be as bad as expected. For example, I was recently asked to do a bit of overtime at work but in a different store, nothing major and nothing to be scared about. Nonetheless, I got myself over stressed about the situation and started too think about every single thing that could go wrong. I then started to panic and freak out about going. I knew that I was worrying about nothing but my mind just started to freak out. I still went and did the overtime, the first couple of shifts I was really nervous and shy but I then really started to enjoy it. I guess the moral of the story is sometimes it is good to step out of your comfort zone and be brave, something positive will come out of it! 

I really wanted to share this experience with you because I know that some of you experience the same things and feel like you are all alone. Trust me, you're not! Please don't ever let your confidence or being shy stop you from doing something that you really want to do or enjoy. The first step is the hardest but will also make the future become 10 times easier! 

Although doing something new and being brave is good for your confidence and makes you feel proud of yourself, don't ever let anyone pressurise you into doing something that you don't want to do. For example, the thought of going clubbing makes me feel so anxious and scared, I know I cannot put myself in that situation until I feel more comfortable. However, it is very difficult when all your friends are begging you too come out with them. Stand your ground and don't be afraid to say 'no'. Your health and well-being is far more important'

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is all about finding the right balance between taking a leap of faith for the greater good and saying 'no' too something that is not healthy for you at this time.

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment