Sunday 31 July 2016

Film Review: Absolutely Fabulous...

Hi everyone!

I recently went too the cinema with Leonie to see Absolutely Fabulous so I decided I would upload a bonus post reviewing it.

The film is a spin off from the original series starring Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley both of whom I love as comedians! It is a 15 rated film which caused Leonie and I to both get asked for Id before watching the film, this caused a slight giggle from both parties!

A brief synopsis of the film...

The film follows the lives of Eddy and Patsy, two best friends who try to do PR work for celebrities. They live a lavish lifestyle and enjoy getting drunk and going to parties. After accidentally killing Kate Moss, the pair run away to the south of France only to cause more mischief.

I was a bit wary of the film after reading its somewhat mixed reviews, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! Some people have said that the film was a let down compared to the series but from not watching the original series, I didn't have any pre-conceived ideas. It made me laugh at lot at various points and I thought the overall storyline was very interesting. I was also shocked to see the huge amount of celebrities in the film and kept on gasping when I recognised someone.

To conclude, I think the film is definitely worth watching if you like some lighthearted comedy. If you take it as it is and not compare it to the series then I think you will really enjoy it. The film really made me think about the friendship I have with Leonie and how you're never too old to have some fun!

I would give the film 4 out of 5 stars, the acting was brilliant but the storyline could have been improved slightly as parts were a bit predictable. 

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment