Thursday 4 August 2016

Travel/Holiday Essentials...

Hi everyone!

While you are reading this, I would have just got home from my holiday in Spain. We flew with hand luggage only as we were only going for a week, so I thought I would show you some of my travel essentials. 

Cosmetics

As I was only taking hand luggage, my liquid cosmetic allowance was minimal. I picked up some miniatures from Boots before I went so I had a mini deodrant and a mini shower gel. I also picked up some small empty bottles so that I could decant my other liquids. I would really recommend doing this as it made it a lot easier to take some of my favourite products with me. I put my face cream in a small pot and my Victoria Secret spray in a small bottle.
My top 3 cosmetics items for travelling would be a lip balm, a face cream and micellar cleansing water. It is always important to keep your skin healthy and moisturised so that is why lip balms and face creams are important. I added micellar cleansing water into this list too as not only is it used to remove your makeup, it is also perfect to deeply clean your face. I always find travelling or staying in a different place makes my skin feel a bit gross, this just helps remove excess oil and cleans your pores.


Now I'm going to move onto to other non cosmetic travel essentials.

First thing to not forget when travelling is earphones! I usually bring earphones and headphones in case one of them breaks, I at least have a spare. This is also useful if you are going on a long haul flight or a really long car journey as sometimes earphones or headphones can get uncomfortable so you are able to swap them over. Along with earphones comes music, make sure you have a good playlist sorted before you travel somewhere. Listening to music helps pass the time so well!

Second is a book. Books are great too pass the time when travelling and are also perfect for when you get on holiday. There is nothing I love more than reading a good book while sunbathing beside a swimming pool!

My third essential is a camera. I am a huge photography geek and I love taking a million pictures and videos so I can remember memories forever. However, I think taking a camera is important to help document fun things you get up too. Just remember too live in the moment and not through a camera lens!

My fourth item is not really essential unless you are going on a really long journey and it is a colouring book. I took a colouring book with me when I travelled to New York back in April. I really enjoyed doing some colouring while watching a movie on the plane. However, I didn't take it with me too Spain as it is a much shorter flight and I did not have much room in my bag.

What are you holiday essentials?

Ellie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment